Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gorgeous Morning

Time: 27:02
Avg HR: 156
Peak HR: 178
Distance: 3.3 miles
Start Time: 7:06 AM
Training Effect: 4.3
Temp: 40ish

And the water shone like diamonds in the dew.
-- Neil Young, "Thrasher"

I was not feeling it this morning when I headed out -- congested, hacking and suffering a little headache . . . I then went out and ran my fastest time yet on my 3.3 mile course. Running is like that -- sometimes you eat the miles, sometimes they eat you.

Everything was dew covered this morning, and it was really lovely. Lots of lawns were silver-green and water droplets on branches blazed in the sun. The words I quoted above kept echoing in my brain as I ran. I spent a lot of time on the run trying to remember the words to "Thrasher" -- I did pretty good -- which is one of the finest tunes ever written, in my opinion. Good run.

The data on my Chicago run:

Time: 40:59
Avg HR: 160
Peak HR: 173
Distance: 4.8 miles
Start Time: 7:46 AM
Training Effect: 5.0
Temp: 50s

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Good for you for getting out in the mornings. My alarm went off at 6:30, and I couldn't get it together to get out for a morning run. And congrats for the PR on your 3.3 mile course.