Friday, August 31, 2007

Heat

I got out on Wednesday for a slow 6 miles at lunch. This was a day that having a running partner pulled me through. I knew I should run, but it wasn’t until my buddy called with a non-descript, “You runnin’ today?” that I committed to it. I thanked him for calling me out, even if he didn’t know that’s what he was doing. Without the call, I could have bailed…easily.

So, we did the run, and it was HOT. Way hotter than I thought it would be. We stopped to walk 3 times – he called T.O.’s twice, and I called it for the final break. Not my best run, but we made it. Some days, making it out (and back) is what matters.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

I hear you -- finishing is what counts. It's been deceptively hot during the days the past few days. It starts out gorgeous and then starts a-baking.

Mrs. Agricola is starting to go pretty faithfully every other day and I think we use each other as motivation. One of us kicks the other out of bed on the other's day, or, I go because I know she went the day before. It's all about the partnership and the community . . .