Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's about time...

Not only have I brought procrastination to new levels with my lack of running, I can't even write the damn post until 6 days later! I finally got my butt out for a quick run last Sunday. The running took 23 minutes, the prep and cool down took about 3 hours. Most of this time was spent trying to figure out my HRM that hasn't been touched in 5 years. I almost went out and purchased a new one but convinced myself that I need to show some dedication to running for at least a month before I up the geek factor on my watch to Agricola levels. The weather was perfect for a run, mid 70's, and the sun was shining. I ran the outer loop of my neighborhood which is, unfortunately, the only route I have. One of the many contributors to my lack of running is my neighborhood. I'm boxed in by a narrow winding cart path of a road that I would have avoided even in my H.S. days. My goal for the next few weeks is to run 2-3 times p/week.

Distance: No clue
Time: 23:55
Avg. HR: 155

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Yeah! Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you posting Bennu!

The HR monitor is my one geeky running touch -- you'll have a GPS unit in no time, no doubt!

In the meantime, the link to Gmaps Pedometer will let you gauge your distance. Again, welcome aboard, it's good to have another voice up here, the more the merrier.