Friday, August 3, 2007

Through the woods

I got in a quick three on the trails near the office yesterday. It was a hot one up here in VT (mid-90's), and the sheltered wooded paths provided some relief.

Nothing more to report on the running front. I'm just chugging along getting the miles in.

On the work front, I'll mention that today is the first day of Burton's annual summer tent sale, and it is a scene! They're rolling with a Nascar theme, and the staff is taking it to the next level -- sporting cut off half shirts and handlebar mustaches, serving pulled pork sandwiches, blaring classic rock. There's even a real Nascar-type racecar and racing video games. The doors opened at 7AM, and when I got here at 8:45 the line was still probably 200 yards long and wrapped around the parking lot. People apparently got here at 5AM, and I saw one tent. Scattered throughout the crowd, I saw kids who were literally glowing, arms full of snowboards and bags bigger than they were full of gear. It's a good day to come to work when you see the passion of the customers literally on your doorstep.

That's all from here. I have 6 miles on tap today. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: