Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

I got out today with an old friend who took up cycling recently for better overall fitness, so she and I are pedaling in the same direction, so to speak. She led us up this bike path in Westchester that I recalled traveling by bike with friends way back in the eighth grade, in the days before we wore helmets, and the weather today, just as then, was so fine. After the ride we had a BBQ feast, three couples, eight kids, on a big back porch. God bless Labor Day.

The numbers:

Distance: 19.44 miles
Time: 1.32.53 hours
Mx Speed: 20.5 mph
Av Speed: 12.5 mph
Mx HR: 173 bpm
Av HR: 134 bpm
Burned: 1203 calories

2 comments:

Agricola said...

You are in a reflective mood lately FA. SOonds like a perfect ride and a perfect day.

Steve DiMattia said...

It was, and I was pleased to note that I could have gone a lot futher, a lot faster, than my companion.