Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back At It

Time: 32.17
Avg HR: 153
Peak HR: 174
Calories: 464
Distance: 4.02
Start Time: 6:19 AM
Training Effect: 3.81
Temp: August morning chilly
Date: 8/22/07

Well, I got back at it this AM with a rather brisk trot -- both in terms of pace and temperature. August mornings, such as today's, always remind me of being a kid and working trees -- the mornings near the end of summer were always chilly. I like it. It's a good way to prep for fall, less sun, and more cold. It's amazing how fast the summer has gone. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were celebrating the return of warm weather . . .

I felt pretty good but I did feel a bit of a drop-off from my hiatus. I'm not sure it's related to the time off, per se, but more likely the result of my mysterious cold/allergy bout. I'm still mighty congested, and this AM was the first in the last 6 that I actually felt up to running. I needed to get out regardless though because I definitely felt laziness sliding back into me -- it's nice to sleep in, it's nice to have an extra 40 minutes in the AMs . . . be gone laziness! Run! Run! Run!

I put on new shoes today for the first time in years, literally. I got the next gen of my New Balance 1221s, the NB 1222. They seem pretty good, but the lacing system is a bit different than the 1221s, and I wasn't able to get them as tight, in the right places, as I wanted to -- that will come with breaking-in though. My other shoes were so old, that NB is actually up to the 1223 -- I got these at the NB outlet. I loved the 1221s and am sad to see them go.

No comments: