Monday, July 23, 2007

VT-127

I took a lovely 35 minute run up VT-127 this Saturday. I had to redeem myself after my horrid run on Friday AM and it was perfect weather to do so. The scenery was nice with frequent glimpses of Lake Champlain along the way. I love running in new place and this was a road that I've never run down before -- I've only ever driven to one spot and then turned down another road -- so it was all new to me. It was great and so refreshing to run someplace new. It was also interesting to see the eclectic mix of suburban-style split levels, mobile homes and old 19 century brick houses that makes up the architecture in that neck of the woods. The road had a pretty wide shoulder in both directions and it wasn't as hairy as running on country roads often is. One of the more interesting things that I saw along the route was a large wild-grape patch -- it looks as if the wild grape harvest will be pretty good.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

I have to give Agricola props for this run. He was on my turf and inspired no less than 5 other tired adults (myself included) to get out and start the day right with a bit of exercise. Nice work and great post. I love seeing my 'hood through someone else's eyes.