Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Big Weekend

So Mrs. FreeArtist bought a roadie this past spring, and we got out together for the first time today.

We had a big downtown wedding last night and celebrate our anniversary tonight, so Gammy and Poppy FreeArtist have the little artists for the whole weekend. I say, the sense of liberation is palpable. Went out hard last night, got in late, slept in, rose hungover, went for brunch, worked out together, and it ain't over yet. Oh me, oh my.

So anyway we turned three laps together and then I put on a fourth with more verve. It was a big slow ride but I haven't been so relaxed and happy on the bike in a long time. It is a beautiful day here, hot, dry and clear, and the beatiful people are running and sunning all over the Park. I had U2's "40" on the brain, which closed last night's party. All is well. Cheers, gents.

The Numbers:

Time: 1.57.47 hrs
Distance: 24.90 miles
Mx Speed: 25 mph
Av Speed: 12.7 mph
No heart data today.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Very nice, the sense of jealousy is palpable . . . a free weekend. That's great that you both got out together.

I had a big weekend of no running, late nights and cocktails (but no absent-children). I bailed on the run this morning . . . I'll get it tomorrow.

VT Runner said...

What a great post. It's so cool to be able to take time to re-connect with your wife. Cool and rare. I can hear your excitement coming through the web.

We had a similar time up in Maine over the 4th of July. Similar except for the fact that I was still quite jetlagged from China and basically an irrational lunatic. Still, it was fun to be away sans kiddies.