Friday, July 20, 2007

Devoured

Time: 30:06
Avg HR: 160
Peak HR: 180
Calories: 526
Distance: 3ish miles
Start Time: 6:15 AM
Training Effect: 4.5
Temp: 62 F (92% Rel. Humidity)
Date: 7/20/07

Well there have a been a string of very positive, I love running/working out posts up here so let me interrupt the love fest with a tale of woe.

I ran for 30 minutes today and it was pretty much utter misery from the get go. I bailed near the end but am glad that I ran for 30 minutes which is what I told myself to reach from about 18 minutes on . . . I'd say the breakdown was 80% mental and 20% physical. On the mental side it's been a tough week at work prepping for a client pres yesterday; I left with a migraine on Wednesday; Child Two took a header off the bed yesterday morning and that was scary and stressful.

The weather was super humid and it felt like I was trying to breathe underwater the whole run. I went out too hard for the conditions and just didn't have the mental capacity to finish. I've said it before on this blog sometimes you eat the mile, sometimes they eat you -- today I was devoured.

No comments: