Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Last of July

Time: 31:15
Avg HR: 152
Peak HR: 173
Calories: 474
Distance: 3.7
Start Time: 6:24 AM
Training Effect: 4.0
Temp: foggy and humid
Date: 7/31/07

Got a moderate run in this AM. It felt pretty good though I was feeling the Sunday-10K. The first 90 seconds of this run felt like an eternity to me for some reason and I wasn't sure how I was going to run for 30 minutes. I passed a woman on an uphill and that gave me a little boost and on I went. It was really foggy this AM and though my alarm went off at 5:30 AM I rolled over for a bit until it burned off a bit by 6 -- the 'hood was completely blanketed by fog and I couldn't see a thing outside my window when I first awoke.

It was so humid today that at the end of the run, sweat or atmospheric moisture was condensing on the hair on my arms and legs. I don't know which it was -- though I think it was atmospheric moisture because the droplets were tiny, perfect spheres. It seems counter intuitive that while hot and sweaty one would have condensation on his arms and legs. The only explanation I can figure is that the hair on my arms, soaked in sweat was cooler than the air and therefore things were condensing. That's it for Mr. Science. Five more runs before Falmouth.

No comments: