Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fuel

Went out for what I thought was a 5 miler, until my post race gmap measurement proved me wrong. 4.6 miles! Damn you GMaps Pedometer!!

Today was a tough run. I ran a good first half, but crashed a bit on the way back and was reminded that feul is an important part of the running equation. A gin and tonic and a couple of glasses of wine last night plus 2 coffees and a big-ass scone this morning is not exactly food of champions. I felt the lack of energy big time. Throw in high humidity and it all added up to a tough jaunt. It was one of those days where I was just glad to get the miles under my belt.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

running definitely reminds you of what you put in your body.

I swear runs after more than one beer, or more than one glass of wine (wine esp.) liquor, forget it, are tougher. Maybe we're aging, I don't know.

One day I ate Indian for lunch. The next day I went for my run. I learned, that morning, why there are no great Indian distance runners -- yikes!

Funny post, thanks.

VT Runner said...

Too funny. My experience is that when your talking Indian food and "runs", you're not talking about jogging, if you know what I mean.

Agricola said...

Not typically, no, "runs" and Indian do not equal jogging . . . LOL.