Monday, July 9, 2007

Steamy Three

I got out for a quick 5K today after a torrential downpour. My first steps out the door felt great. The air was hot, somewhere around 80 degrees, and wet as the rain water visibly evaporated off the pavement. Unlike normal humidity, which can be oppressive, the moisture in the air felt warm and fuzzy, and it helped me ease into my first run in 4 days.

Other than the start, the run was fairly uneventful. Following on my 4th of July post, I continue to enjoy the residual effects of prior marathon training and post-race recuperation. I feel strong. It's as if the act of running has become an afterthought. The real hurdle is getting out the door -- which is another reminder that running is as much a mental exercise as a physical one.

Here are the numbers:
3.2 miles (5k)
24:30 minutes
7:39 pace

No comments: