Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Foggy Run

Time: 32:57
Avg HR: 164
Peak HR: 178
Calories: 589
Distance: ~5?
Start Time: 6:03 AM
Training Effect: 4.7
Temp: 60
Date: 7/10/07

It was a foggy day today and therefore somewhat more interesting than the normal morning trot. I actually went out for 41 minutes but neglected to start the watch until 9 minutes in. So the data is for the recorded run. My quads were pretty tight, but I kept on trucking. My goal is to consistently run in the neighborhood of 40 - 45 minutes 2 times each week, with one or two shorter 3 milers thrown in for good measure. I figure 15 - 18 more runs before Falmouth, so I think I'm in a good position for that race.

Vacation Recap
On my 1 July post I mentioned that I wanted to do two 5 milers on the Cape. I did them. The first I did pushing Child Two, the second I did alone. The latter was a bit painful because it was after a nasty lunch that consisted of a fish sandwich (yes, fried, I was on Cape Cod for vacation!)and a cone with the kiddies. These are not optimal training foods (new running rule!), and I had to stop a couple of times because I felt like I was going to hurl. Data is below.

With Child Two
Time: 43:55
Avg HR: 154
Peak HR: 170
Calories: 690
Distance: 5
Start Time: 7:38 AM
Training Effect: 4.7
Temp: n/a
Date: 7/3/07

Solo
Time: 41:42
Avg HR: 164
Peak HR: 176
Calories: 676
Distance: 5
Start Time: 4:59 PM
Training Effect: 5.0
Temp: n/a
Date: 7/5/07

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Nice work getting the runs in on vacation. I always find it tough to find time to run when I don't have to jam exercise between other pre-established commitments. Throw in fried fish sandwiches (love them) and it's extra tough.

It's also good to see the stepped up mileage. There was no doubt you have it in you to crush Falmouth, especially starting the way you are now. Are you following a program?

Agricola said...

No program beyond running for time, rather than miles right now. I'm really focusing on running for x-minutes and working up. I don't know if I'll actually run 7 before race day, but I'm going to do a couple of 50 - 53 minute runs beforehand which should bring me into the 10K range which is fine for training for a 7 miler in which I'm shooting to go sub 60. My pace is below 9 for my training runs, usually in the 8:15 - 8:40 range so sub-60 is a realistic goal, though the latter time is not sub-60 pace.