Thursday, July 26, 2007

Catching up

Since my last post, I've managed to get in runs of 6, 11, 3, and 3 miles over 8 days. The crazy thing is that I'm still behind according to my training schedule. I've enjoyed all of the runs for different reasons, so I'm not yet feeling the grind. What I am feeling is the challenge of fitting it all in. Work is picking up pace for all sorts of reasons (most of them good), socializing with family and friends is in high gear, and running literally gets squeezed. It's not due to lack of motivation, ability or desire, rather it's all about the clock that won't stop speeding by. Have I put off the inevitable for too long? Are 6am Agricola-esque runs in my future?! Say it isn't soooo!!! I'll fight the dawn patrol until the end. Until then...

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

dude . . .

Six AM is the ONLY way to get it all in. I try and rationalize not going early on weekends and the result is no running on the weekends . . . I'm about to throw up today's info, and I went out a bit later than I've been going and I started at 6:03 AM . . .

It's a tough adjustment, but it's the best time to go -- the run is done by 7 AM, it relieves some AM pressure and actually leaves some time to see the kids, read an article or two in the paper and have breakfast. Come over to the dawn patrol, it changes everything.

I fell into a huge funk post-NYC04 because I lacked the discipline to run in the AMs. Therefore, I lacked any time to run at all and got fat and lazy. Once I started morning running it got easier to get out earlier and earlier . . . you can do it.