Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Adaptation

Time: 35:46
Avg HR: 151
Peak HR: 174
Calories: 539
Distance: ~4 miles
Start Time: 5:50 AM
Training Effect: 4.2
Temp: 62 F (94% Rel. Humidity)
Date: 7/24/07

Today was another really humid day so I adapted my pace and took it slower. It worked and I was able to run where I wanted to, and finish the whole, planned route. It was a bit tough on the breathing front but going out for first mile at 8:52 was wiser than 8:15 -- which is what I did last Friday. I had capacity to pick up the tempo in the later portion of the run and finish strong. I haven't done the pedometer for this course so I don't have an actual per-mile-pace, but the tempo picked up over the last half. All in all, it was a good run.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Hey, man. I haven't been riding, but I have been reading. Please know that you do not post alone! I don"t expect to be on the bike again given work and weekend schedules until early next week, but will update you as soon as I do.

Agricola said...

I hear you.

I actually find that the weekends -- esp. summer weekends -- are really tough times to train. It's the two day/week where your regimen sort of slides and you give yourself some slack and get caught up in projects around the house etc. Keep reading and we look forward to your riding/posting return.