Friday, July 27, 2007

Mental Game

Time: 35:26
Avg HR: 154
Peak HR: 178
Calories: 591
Distance: TBD
Start Time: 6:03 AM
Training Effect: 4.5
Temp: 62 F (90% Rel. Humidity)
Date: 7/27/07

This is such a mental thing, running. Yesterday was my day, but I couldn't do it. Like last week, this week has been a grind at work that's leaving me mentally (& physically) tired. Child One lost her stuffed kitty, Meowser, on Wednesday (we found her the next day, it's a good story). We were so bummed out about the possibility of losing Meowser that we were both just wiped. It sounds crazy but that added bit of baggage just kept me in the rack -- i was up at 5:30, I couldn't roll out though.

So, I went today. I took it easy in the first third or so, ran a decent hill and then just sort of fell into a good pace with a strong last mile. It was humid again but this Friday it didn't destroy me. I'm just focusing on heeding temp/humidity and the signs from my body about how to proceed. I need to map this course to get a sense of distance. I'm enjoying the running-for-time thing but without any exact understanding of distance I'm not sure where I stand in relation to my goals for the Falmouth RR which happens in two weeks. That's created a bit of anxiety for me. I'm looking to get a 50-53 minute run in this weekend -- maybe tomorrow to up my weekly run count, or maybe Sunday to start next week strongly. I'll let you know either way.

No comments: