Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Surprise

7.2 miles
54 minutes
07:30 pace

Went out for 7 yesterday with two colleagues, one a multi-marathoner from Venice. My buddy actually apologized about inviting the Italian wonder because he knew that our pace would have to step up. In the end, I was glad for the challenge. I definitely pushed almost every step, but I never felt really uncomfortable or overmatched. In the end, I had us pegged at a solid 8 minute mile pace and was surprised when he put us at a 7 30. I honestly didn't think I had that in me, but if Gmaps and Timex are accurate, he was right. Nothing like an unexpected, unplanned breakthrough moment. Love that.

So now the next challenge is to push a little more on my next short run tomorrow, and see what I can do on a longer run this weekend. With the marathon coming up fast, I'm starting to think about the next race. I haven't been this into running in a long time -- want to keep it flowing.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Impressive!

Nice job.