Friday, May 11, 2007

Pace

After running with the mad Italian earlier in the week, I realized that I could push a little harder, so I decided to try out a faster pace on my short run yesterday. The hardest part was reminding myself to push rather than just glide along. The best part was being able to motor up some steep hills on my road (you know the ones Agricola) much faster than I've done in the past. The stats were something like 3.2 miles, 24 minutes and change, which is a good 2 - 3 minutes faster than I usually run that route. Cool to see such progress after a solid month of work.

On an unrelated note, I got a flier in the mail yesterday from Central Vermont Runners that listed upcoming races in the area. The timing was perfect because I'm starting to think about the next race for me. Plus, I have to admit that I was psyched to know I'm on their mailing list. Could I be morphing from a guy who runs into an actual runner? Not yet, but getting there.

1 comment:

Steve DiMattia said...

How'd the run with the skiiers go?