Saturday, May 26, 2007

Jitters

Tomorrow is marathon Sunday for me. I've spent the week on vacation in the Outer Banks with the family, and now that I'm home the pre-race jitters are setting in. It's all about the details for me at this point. Course map? Check. Confirmation email? Check. Pace wrist-band? Check. Clothes set out? Check -- you get the idea. It feels good to be getting my head into the game after a week away from every aspect of training routine that got me to race day.

This past week was interesting from a training perspective. I did an hour last Sunday and then three 3 milers, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The runs were up and down, mainly because my lower legs and feet were adjusting to spending so much time walking over dunes in deep sand. I almost cut out the beach because by convincing myself that excess sand-walking was going to sabotage me (different muscles, you know?) but then I got a grip.

That's all for now. More after the race.

No comments: