Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Marathon Results

So, the Burlington Marathon was Sunday, and I ran it. All.

I ended up finishing in 3 hours 45 minutes exactly, which is an 8:30 pace. It's better than I expected to do, but leaves room for improvement for the next one. Yup, I'm already thinking about marathon number 2, and I have the perfect race for anyone who still checks in on this site.

The New York City Marathon. The race is on November 4, and the lottery sign up closes on June 1. The timing is perfect. For an 18 week training schedule, you'll need to start on July 1. Perfect. Here's the link for anyone who is interested. Sign up. I just did.

http://www.nycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/applyfor2007_new.php

Here are my splits for the Burlington Marathon. It's tough to explain what it's like running a marathon, so I'll just let my times speak for me. They really say it all in terms of how I was feeling:
Mile 1: 7.46
Mile 2: 7.06
Mile 3: 7.02
Mile 4: 6.37
Mile 5 + 6: 14.46
Mile 7: 7.18
Mile 8:7.36
Mile 9: 7.34
Mile 10: 7.21
Miles 11+12: 15.55
Miles 13, 14, 15: 24.36
Mile 16:8.26
Mile 17: 8.42
Mile 18: 9.07
Mile 19: 9.50
Mile 20: 10.07
Mile 21: 10.02
Mile 22: 10.31
Mile 23: 10.54
Mile 24: 10.53
Mile 25: 10.52
Mile 26: 9.36
Final .2: 1.53

I went for a 25 minute trail run today, and it felt pretty good. Quads felt like someone was charlie-horsing me with every step for the first 15 minutes, but that pretty much went away by the end.

That's all from here. Sign up for the NYC race!!

3 comments:

Agricola said...

That's pretty cool. Congratulations on your good time, that's awesome.

As I mentioned in an email to you, I signed up for the NYC marathon lottery. I did it with real trepidation, but now I'm really hoping that I get in.

I'm also waiting on the Falmouth RR lottery results. The drawing was yesterday, and if I don't get a rejection notice by 6/4 I'm into that race. We'll see where it goes.

Chicago is an open marathon -- HUGE field, 50K. You sign up in time and you're in, it's in October.

I met a couple of Canadians when I ran NYC, we were chewing the fat before the race and they were from Newfoundland, or New Brunswick, there's a nice little marathon up there that they were talking up in St. Johns . . . lots of options. I'll look them up and post the sites . . .

VT Runner said...

Hmmm, Chicago could be cool. Let's see how the NY drawing goes. New Brunswick could be neat, too as long as it's before the weather goes bad. There's also one on the Islands of Lake Champlain in October. It's flat, but October can be chilly and windy here. As you say, lots of options.

Steve DiMattia said...

Sweet! Congratulations! On to the next one...