Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Short & Sharp

Time: 26:58
Avg HR: 158
Peak HR: 178
Distance: 3.3 miles
Start Time: 6:57 AM
Training Effect: 4.4
Temp: mid-40s
Date: 5/8/07

Well, I lowered my 3.3 time again though this run was a little different. I bumped into a neighbor who also runs. He was cooling down and I was just coming out the door. We chatted and walked a bit so I didn't start at my usual spot but a bit further down the road. I added in a little extra piece to cover the distance which was probably more than I actually walked with the neighbor.

This guy is mildly inspiring to me. I'm not sure what his running history is but when we first moved in he used to basically walk around our neighborhood, sometimes alone, sometimes pushing his kids and I always sort of wondered what he was up to. Well, it seems that he was laying the base and now runs pretty regularly and he told me about a good 7.2 mile loop near our 'hood. He's worked from seemingly nothing to that (when time permits) -- it's impressive.

Anyway, I went out short today. I woke up sore for some reason -- perhaps my labor and my runs caught up to me. But then I went out sharp and worked on attacking the hills on the run. It was a good workout and I'll go back to my 4 miler on Thursday and keep working to add the miles.

Built To Spill, "The Plan" kept running through my head today; but just the first line:

"And the plan keeps coming up again . . . "

The next three lines are:

And the plan means nothing stays the same
But the plan won't accomplish anything
if it's not not im-ple-mented

Sort of fitting for running.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Love the song reference. Great lyrics for running.

Nice work on mixing up the shorter run with some hills.

Agricola said...

Actually, I was just attacking the hills on my regular route -- there are a few. Some aren't big, but for some reason they vary in their funness or lack-there-of on certain days, so I went hard on them all.