Thursday, May 17, 2007

Deep Thoughts


I updated this poston 5/22, the typos were embarrassing, and the time was totally wrong:


Time: 27:05
Avg HR: 155
Peak HR: 173
Distance:3.3 miles
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Training Effect: 3.9
Temp: 46
Date: 5/17/07


I left the HR watch at home so I don't have exact numbers . . .

Anyway, I went short and a little slower today. I had a drink with a former colleague last night and when I came home I got sucked into a silly movie with Mrs. Agricola. I went to bed at 12:45 and 6:15 came very quickly -- it took 45 minutes to get up and out the door.

The speed checking wagon was still out and it clocked me at a consistent 7 MPH so though I felt slow today I was maintaining my usual pace -- more or less.

The movie I got sucked into was "The Breakup" with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn. I know this is totally cliche, and unimaginative on my part, and I was thinking about this on my run -- Anniston is seriously one of the best looking actresses of our generation. As much as I want to not think so because I need to be contrarian, I can't deny it. Her body is killer and her face is just imperfect enough -- her nose is a little large -- that she's a totally believable beauty. There, I've outed myself, I'm no different from the majority of the men on this planet who think pretty much the same thing.

6 comments:

VT Runner said...

Thinking about whether or not a girl is officially hot is never unimaginative or cliche. It's what guys do, especially this crew of former 4C boys. The second talking about women becomes cliche is the exact moment one needs to consider some testosterone therapy.

I applaud your post.

Agricola said...

Oh, great, thanks . . . you're calling me a ponce?

Actually, what I was saying was cliche, was to think that Anniston is a total babe. I like to think that my tastes are bit more eclectic, but there's no arguing with the facts.

Once you stop looking, you're dead.

VT Runner said...

Now there's the Agricola I know. Keep on lookin!

And I would never call you a ponce...mainly because I was unsure what it meant exactly until I looked it up on websters. Now that I know what it means, I still wouldn't call you that. A little too highbrow with the vocabulary maybe, but you're no ponce.

You should know that I'm sitting here laughing to myself in the cube over these posts. I'm glad at least we find ourselves funny...or maybe it's just me.

Steve DiMattia said...

I caught a bit of that movie this week, too, and mentioned the same to Mrs. Free Artist. There's absolutely no denying it. Check out her photo spread in the December '05 issue of GQ, when the editors voted her Man of the Year. Um, mayble I just shared a little too much.

Cnetury ride is in two days.....I'm a little anxious. Rain is supposed to be pretty bad. More later.

VT Runner said...

You are gonig to kick butt on that ride, rain or no rain!

Agricola said...

The rain makes it much more adventurous and a better story down the road for you.

Remember, also, you're riding to finish that's all that matters -- finishing. Even if it takes 12 hours (which it won't) you're riding to say you finished.

As far as anxiety goes, call that fluttering in your stomach butterflies, not anxiety. Butterflies mean that you're ready, that you're up, and the endocrine system is firing in a way that will help you. Don't discount the effect of adrenaline and the camaraderie of the event to help you on your way.

Best of luck, have fun, be safe. It will rock.