Wednesday, March 7, 2007

LDT Tech

Because I work in the interactive marketing industry, and I'm curious about such things I've added some nifty high tech features to this blog. More for my own curiosity and self education than anything else, but it's also kind of interesting.

FeedBurner
I've added a couple of icons in the right hand column, under "Feeds" -- one is a general RSS feed from FeedBurner (Orange Icon, which is an industry standard symbol for feed) -- it works in all readers. The other is a Google Reader-specific feed. If you know about feed readers you know how cool they can be. Click on the general (orange) icon, and you'll get a link and an offer to place it into your favorite reader. I use Google reader because it's easy and it keeps my online tool suite on one basic platform. The really cool thing about FeedBurner however is that it tracks how many people have your feed and how often they use it. I've got a login on FeedBurner.com that let's me see this data. Right now, we don't have too many subscribers -- so subscribe and get our numbers up! Tell your friends and family and get the word out!

Google Analytics
On Saturday night I was totally geeking out and added some code to the blog template that permits us to track the traffic to LDT over on Google Analytics. I know for instance that somebody (most likely VT Runner) logged in from China -- there is a visit logged from over there. We have a minuscule traffic which is expected for a blog of this nature, and it's all us. It's interesting to see the data and the graphs -- I'll share data as it becomes available and interesting, right now it's gearing up.

I just wanted to let you all know what I'm up to with the blog -- it's not just a writing exercise, it's an educational experience.

Oh, yeah, the cold whipped me again . . . it's got to be 8 F or above for me to go out. Totally arbitrary, but very much a psychological threshold.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Interestingly, I noticed today that somebody from the UK checked us out. Pretty cool.