Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good run

Made it out today for my second day of exercise this week. Monday night was an especially fast-paced game of hockey, so I felt like I legitimately needed a day of recovery yesterday. Today was all about the run. It is gorgeous out. Probably only 45 - 50 degrees with a decent wind, but with blue skies and a definite feeling that spring weather is right around the corner. Ran a 1 hour route with a guy in the office, which ended up being 7.26 miles at a 8.26 minute pace (thank you gmap pedometer). It was one of those runs in which I never really loosened up and lengthened my stride, but it felt good to get out there.

The goal for Friday is to run for 2 hours. We'll see how that goes, and you'll read about it here.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

I'm glad that you got out there yesterday! It sounds like you ran enough for both of us. I think I could have gone this AM, but I opted to play it safe and will delay until tomorrow AM. I'm going out tomorrow, come hell or high water, now that my annual, arrival-of-spring-cold is now gone.

VT Runner said...

Yes, it was good to get out for a long one on Wednesday. The key was running with a guy who showed me a new route. I was so sick of running these little side streets. It felt great to be on a different path.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.