Thursday, March 15, 2007

Eh . . .

Time: 27:58
avg HR: N/A
Peak HR: N/A
3.1 miles
7:00 AM start
Training Effect: N/A
Temp: 40 F

Firstly: HAPPY BIRTHDAY VT RUNNER!
Secondly: Welcome back Ligaments!

The run was eh today . . . and started off poorly. One of my cherubs, or perhaps I did, though I don't think so, misplaced my HR belt, so, no data beyond time today. My run starts with the sun rising to my left. Today the rising sun was behind some pretty significant cloud cover, and to the west the sky was very dark. In my addled state I thought "damn, it's still dark in the west . . . I hate the time change . . ." Nah, the sky to the west was saturated with moisture because at about the one mile point, it started pouring. Good times. I hung tough, did my shorter route and finished strong, but whatever is going on with the chest -- cold or allergies, not sure -- is making it tough, or maybe I'm going out harder and not in good enough shape yet to do so. It's a process, one must embrace the process.

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

It really is amazing how little things (missing HR belt, wife's travel, surgery -- ok surgery's a big one) can throw off all of our best intentions to run. For example, I forgot my running cloths not once, but twice this week. The weather and my schedule have been prime for running, but a little forgetfulness screwed me out of two good days. Good for you for taking on the adversity (and early in the AM, anything out of the norm is adversity) and powering through the run. Nice work.

Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes.

VT Runner said...

correcting a type-o:
that was running "clothes" not "cloths" in my comment. I'm not the running Jesus out there....though the image is pretty funny.

Agricola said...

Running cloths . . . running Jesus . . . that's good. Running in your sandals, all across the countryside.