Saturday, January 10, 2009

Struggling in 09

I am struggling to get out on the road, boys, and stay out while I'm there. I've been out 2x in 09, and they were short, slow, uncomfortable, and lazy efforts. I have many theories about why it's so, none of them are satisfying.

So I am hoping that a change of pace helps. I am in San Francisco Mon - Thurs this week, and Boston on Friday, and aim to run at least 3x. So if any of you guys wants to join me for an EARLY run Friday morning in Boston, I'm staying near Post Office Sq, and can send my coordinates by e-mail.

Peace, fellas.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

hey, i hear you. it's been hard coming back from the holidays, and the weather ain't helping either.

I might be up for a run on Friday but single digit highs are predicted for Friday . . . it might be a bit too chilly.

Talk about lost opportunities, I'm in Houston as I write this and haven't managed to get in a run yet -- got in yesterday PM and leaving tomorrow AM . . . maybe get out before we have to depart on an 11 AM flight. Temps have been in the 50s, and compared to what we've been having in Boston, it's been downright balmy! Keep your chin up, you'll be OK, it's a doldrum time of year.

Bennu Runner said...

I'm in for Friday. It is going to be cold, but I'm game. This will probably be my first run in 4 weeks. Send me an email with where you're staying and what time you want to head out. Earlier the better for me.

VT Runner said...

I'm with you, too. I got one run in last week for 25 minutes. First run since Oct. 28, maybe the second.

Ready to start up next week...I think.