Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Layers

I had a hard time getting out of bed today. I had planned on getting up a bit early because I had to get a 3 miler in, and I had a busy day on tap. Unfortunately, anticipating the day made me bury my head in the warm covers for a bit longer, and just like that the morning run was out.

I did manage to get out at noon, though. Even though I have a lot going on at work, I knew I'd need the energy to get through an afternoon of number crunching. I figured the jog would provide stress relief leading into my project and clarity as I dug into the data. It kind of worked.

More importantly, the run felt good. It was short and uneventful, which is what I'm going for as I start up again. It was a cold day, and I was well served by my layering -- a thin Patagonia base layer is my newest addition, and it felt great.

I have to say that guilt played a part in getting me out on the roads, too. The coach said I should get three runs in this week, and a 6 miler on the weekend. If I missed today, I would've been behind in my first week. That's just not right.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

I'm gunning for 4 runs this week and a 10K on Sunday.

Good to get out. It's amazing how easy it is to miss that window in the AM, and how many excuses there are to do so . . .