Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold, Dark, Icy, Slow

I went out late in the day again today. It was a cold, dark, icy and slow run. Because of the cold I went on my short route and picked my way over frozen slush, strips of frozen melt water and lots of packed powder. The poor footing forced me to be patient and methodical and that's a good thing right now. Aside from not taking a spill or turning my ankle, the best thing about today is that I got in my run, got my reps, got my blood flowing, heart pounding, lungs working and enjoyed the experience. Running in conditions like today's is like trail running. You have to be very tuned into the path, and your feet, and really watch where you are going. I felt very focused. One more run tomorrow then rest day on Friday. My legs and lungs felt good. I'm raring to go on the marathon training program which begins Monday.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Check the box. That's a victory.

Agricola said...

Totally. It felt more than a check the box too, maybe b/c it was a victory. I did enjoy it -- it was the focus piece. Missed yesterday due to socializing, but will get out today -- it's a nice day for a run. I'll just triple up this weekend, Fri, Sat, Sun. Enjoy your runs!