Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Beautiful Run

Phat and I took a wonderful run today through his lovely seaside town, down quaint streets and past amazingly well-preserved 18th century homes. We ran out to a beach and stopped to look at the serene water of Buzzards Bay with a flat gray sky overhead and piles of scallop shells at our feet. I said to him as we approached the water "I love running. Though I don't always like it I do love it." Today, I loved running. Today, was a great run with a great friend, and it helped me reconnect with him, the weather, the surrounding world, myself, running . . . it was amazing. I don't know how far we went or what our pace was, but that wasn't the point. Running was the point, and it rocked. I'm psyched for my next run. Thanks, Phat.

1 comment:

PhatRunner said...

Same feeling here Agricola. I have to admit I wasn't psyched about hitting the cold weather runs after being in Florida, but running with an excellent friend certainly makes all the difference and is a great motivator. I even went to bed earlier and felt fantastic this morning. Got the running bug back, no matter the weather.

Keep on trucking and looking forward to the next run.