Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Run 5

I've been called out. I deserve it.

I ran SLOWLY for 30 minutes on a treadmill at a very nice gym in Saint Louis yesterday morning. Have to say that this particular treadmill has given me second thoughts on treadmills, about which I've complained before. Yesterday's treadmill was all tricked out, way more comfortable than the one in our basement gym. It had more useful features and its own TELEVISION. Nice!

Between work and the cold weather, 2009 has been tough for my running. (This post is Run 5 for '09.) Interestingly, it just occurred to me today that the decline in running must be contributing to my palpably heightened stress this year. So a greater effort I must make.

Sunday is the NYRR Gridiron 4-miler, and Mrs. FA has convinced me to stay in the race. She's been running like a jackrabbit lately, so I plan to throw myself at the race and try to keep up with her lovely form. I'm certain to underperform my December 4-miler, though props to Agricola for pointing out its usefeulness as a baseline. And if I can run 2x before Sunday, bully for me.

Peace, fellas.

P.S. I've got a great one coming for the "running as experience" crowd on the blog....will be in Milan for several days mid-February, and am bringing my running shoes.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

ooooh! running in Milano! awesome!

Il Correro di Milano!

I need to run in a foreing country. My bro went running when we took him to Iceland in '01 and I've always envied that run . . .

Way to get back out. The winter is tough right now, just keep at it and at least keep a toe in the pool. you'll be psyched when the weather gets nicer and you're grinding it out. Slog it now, cuz everything is a slog right now, and come May, you'll be in the cat-bird seat.

Agricola said...

I meant to say, not grinding it out in May . . .

VT Runner said...

Glad to have you back.

I agree. It is a grind this time of year.