Friday, January 23, 2009

Muscle Grinder

I got out again tonight. A social event last night prevented me from running on Thursday. I'll shoot for two more this weekend. I was going to go short, but decided to push it a bit and finished somewhere in the neighborhood of 5. It was an OK run but I was slightly hampered by traffic and lousy footing. The footing made this run a muscle grinder. I felt very tight in the muscles on the front of my pelvis that connect down into the thigh and I think it had to do with trying to control the flailing legs. Every foot plant on slushy snow (which were most of them) resulted in very little drive and my legs going all over the place. I must have tightened the muscles to try and control the flail -- it actually feels as if I did sit ups today the way the muscles in my lower abdomen feel. The inability to power forward was annoying. Some runs are annoying, what can you do? Back at it tomorrow and Sunday. Marathon training program starts Monday!

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

"Some runs are annoying -- what can you do?"

That's runner's wisdom. You have to accept the annoying ones and keep plugging. Takes a while for that gem to sink in, but it's a huge help when it does.

Agricola said...

Yes, runner's wisdom. That is me, the running sage! You do, though, right, just have to plug away and keep going? that's what running is really all about: persistence!