Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunch fiver

I got our for 40 minutes today at lunch time. I made myself go because I'm supposed to get four runs in this week, culminating with an 8 miler on Saturday morning. I'm enlisting friends to run that one, hoping the old Sunday morning crew will join me.

This run was fairly uneventful, but of course I have a couple of comments/notes. I hit the warmed up/endorphine high zone at about 8 minutes into the run. It was strange for me to be in the zone that early, but it was a welcome departure from my normal, longer warm up. I love those little highs (this one lasted for about 3 minutes). On a performance front, I ran the out portion in 20:16 and the back in 19:57 -- I always like to race myself on the way back in, so that was cool.

That's all. Hoping to keep the minor momentum going tomorrow.

How about you FreeArtist? (yes, that's a call out.)

3 comments:

Agricola said...

nice. Crummy weather down here today and amazingly, I'm feeling crummy today. What's up with that? Run a bunch thru January, weather 4 bouts of strep with he older kids and now, as soon as the marathon training program starts I start feeling achey and blowing nasty stuff out of my nose . . . . that's awesome. It's like my body knows and it wants to torture me.

Where is FA? PR keeps telling me he's going to post too . . .

Steve DiMattia said...

Give me a minute...

VT Runner said...

I have a stuffed nose and start of a cough, too. That time of year.