Sunday, January 18, 2009

Holy Crap

So, Mrs. VTR got me a running coach for Christmas. I will train with her Feb - April in preparation for the Vermont City Marathon (VCM) on Memorial Day weekend. It's taken me a little while to get used to the idea, and I'm pumped up for it now.

I got my first email from the coach on Friday, and my response was a combination of nervous anticipation and excitement summed up by two words, "Holy sh*t."

Here's a bit from that email, "I would like you to plan on doing a few half marathon races if possible. The first is The New Bedford Half Marathon in New Bedford, Ma on March 15th. The second is The Unplugged Half Marathon on Saturday April 11th. Please sign up for Unplugged ASAP on teh Run Vermont website, as it will sell out soon!!!!"

It's most definitely on.

Anyone interested in joining me for one of the half marathons above?

3 comments:

Agricola said...

I was thinking about the unplugged 1/2 marathon. Let's talk soon and plan it out.

Agricola said...

So, I'm thinking, I'll do both with you. New Bedford and unplugged. The reason? I need intermediate goals for which to shoot between now and 5/24/09. Those are good ones. 5Ks and 10Ks are fun but they seem more disruptive to training than the half. Are you really going to go out and hammer out a 5K then go do like 7 miles more or whatever. Tell me when you're gonna sign up and I'll do the same. New Bedford will also cover my March race!

Agricola said...

Actually, I can only do New Bedford -- 4/11 is Holy Saturday and we host Easter at out place. I'll sign up for NB tomorrow.