Monday, January 19, 2009

Run 4

Mrs. FA and I got out at her parent's house Saturday afternoon on the three mile out and back I've posted about before. It was 14 degrees and I'd forgotten my long pants, so I ran in shorts, which in hindsight was plenty stupid but tell you what, it was my best run since the race on December 13.

The Feb 1 race approaches and with only five runs since Dec 13 I don;t feel remotely ready. I am going to make the effort for the next 10 days and re-asses, but am thinking I'll run it one-way-or-the-other and see what happens.

Peace, boys.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

that sounds very chilly and not that uch fun. Look, there is a ramp up cycle to each year, you're in a lull. It will all be OK. Don't worry about the race, just run it and use it as this year's baseline.

I see that you're starting the run count over in '09, it just dawned on me. cool.

VT Runner said...

I second the lull notion, and I point to this blog as exhibit one that we're all in a bit of a lull. We're all just getting an inkling of thinking about coming out of it.

Ah, the ebbs and flows of running. A microcosm of life.