Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

I got a run in this evening. Nothing major, just a little trot through town, after sundown and before dinner. The roads were sloppy and gross, and it was chilly but it felt good to be running. I used the run to process some stuff and was reminded again of the therapeutic benefits of running. I came back in a great frame of mind versus my departure frame of mind which was fairly dark and frustrated. It was a good run.

I got the results from my New Year's Day 5K. I came in 16 out of 60. I am happy with that result.

Today is a good day for our country. An historic moment that proves yet again we live in the greatest country in the world. Inauguration Day is always a cool day in my book (regardless of who won the election) because of the ceremony and associated symbolism and the fact that this is the forty-fourth peaceful transfer of power over the past 226-odd years -- a remarkable accomplishment, to be sure.

1 comment:

PhatRunner said...

Agricola,

Nice work on the run and completely agree with your assessment of the inauguration. It was pretty moving and I had goose bumps even as Obama recited the oath for President. A historic and beautiful moment for the country. The camera shot down the mall with all those Americans waving flags was truly moving.