Friday, March 19, 2010

Third Morning Run

I started the day in Tampa/St. Pete, getting up at 6:15 to sneek in three miles before a 7:30 breakfast meeting. It was a helpful time, I was up earlier than anyone else at my hotel and the track where I run near this hotel (recall, beware of the alligators...) was empty. I was able to compose my thoughts for the breakfast meeting, which paid dividends. The run was a welcome respite from the road, and the work. That's three morning runs this week, all about the same distance. Trying for a long run ~6 miles, this weekend. Will post.

4 comments:

Agricola said...

Well done. So you hit a track near your hotel? How does that go? Does it drive you mad?

I've heard, that if chased by an alligator run in a zig-zag pattern to elude them -- supposedly they don't have great lateral capabilities.
I don't know if it's true and frankly don't want to find out.

VT Runner said...

I agree with the observation that running prior to meetings helps -- there's no better way to compose your thoughts.

Interesting tip on the alligator tactics. Sounds like it came from one of those "escape disaster" bathroom books.

Steve DiMattia said...

It's not really a track. I go to St. Pete about once every two months and stay at the same hotel. The hotel backs onto a "nature preserve," which is sort of laughable. Nevertheless it has a 1 mile loop of a boardwalk around a man-made lake. I've run it three or four times during various stays at this hotel. There is a sign at the entrance that says "Beware of Alligators," but I've never seen one. Still, I remain wary.

Agricola said...

You are an eagle scout, so wariness is a good idea, be prepared and all that.