Thursday, March 11, 2010

Morning Inglory

I've had another insane week but did manage to get out at 6:30 this morning. I got in a solid 5+ and it wasn't too bad in terms of the weather -- fairly mild, some sun. It wasn't a bad run but it wasn't a great run either. I'm just not that into the early morning runs. My mind is pretty much good to go but my body is not so willing, thus disproving the old 60s trope, "free your mind and your butt will follow..." Be that as it may, it's at least good to get out and get running and get it done since the days have been hectic and filled with craziness. My goal really is 4 days each week so, including today's run, I'm running Friday through Sunday with a big run planned on Sunday.

I slowed down along one section to listen to a couple of dueling woodpeckers. One would rat-a-tat-tat and the other would answer from another tree -- it was some sort of territorial thing, and it was very cool. I couldn't see them though which was disappointing.

No comments: