Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday Six

I ran the full Central Park loop yesterday, which is ~6 miles. I took a recovery walk about midway, for three or four minutes, and all in the loop took me 1 hour, 4 minutes. I'm a little sore today, but not much. Back in December I signed up for a 9 mile race which is next Sunday and was going to bail, as I can't say I've been 'training' for it at all, that is, running steadily for any length of time. Still, with yesterday's decent sixer I'm inclined to run the race and as Ag says, just run my race. I'll plod along at my 10 min/mile pace and aim for sub 90 mins, and if I don't make it, so be it. It'll be a long weekend run, just with lots of other people.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Yeah, right on! It'll be fun, you'll enjoy it and it will set up you well to get back to steadier running. I really do believe that it's all about consistency. Work consistently and build over time.

Congrats to Mrs. FA on her great 1/2 yesterday.

Steve DiMattia said...

Thanks!