Sunday, March 28, 2010

Groundwork

No long run for me today, as I'm dialing things back, trying to build the base that I've been neglecting for the past month or so. I got in about 4.5 today and felt generally good. A couple of "reminders" (minor pains) from the small muscle behind my knee, but nothing that significant. My goal is to get in at least three mid-length runs this week, and then a longish run in over next weekend. Time to get serious about the training.

...adding to this post. Forgot to mention that I got in a 3.5 miler yesterday, so that's 8 for the weekend.

5 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Two months to go. Run!

Agricola said...

Yep, 8 weeks! the base is so key. It's interesting though that you can go out and run long even "without a base."

I'm looking to organize a 20 for sometime in late April, who's in? Run it all, run parts, whatever. I've got a route in mind.

VT Runner said...

I'm in if schedules work.

Steve DiMattia said...

What is the route?

Agricola said...

Still plotting, but I know it will include Heartbreak Hill, and want to run along the Charles for a good chunk, if possible, into Boston, and end at the harbor.