Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Duly Noted

One thing I really enjoy about running is that nearly every run teaches me something. It may as simple as teaching me that I'm feeling good, or maybe feeling a little out of sorts, or maybe that certain things are not great running fuel. Today taught me that running with both boys in the stroller, on a windy day, while still feeling the effects of my run in New Bedford was not a great decision. Tough run, pretty much unmitigated misery all the way through, with some brief respites as Child 2 chatted with me about this and that. Mark it in the books, but it was a grind, and my hammy is not feeling great right now.

I was up in time to go out in the AM, but just couldn't motivate, so it's sort of a bummer. Oh, well, got the run in at least.

3 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

"Unmitigated misery." Sounds ugly. Maybe the boys enjoyed it? Dude, you have two sons. Awesome.

Agricola said...

Yeah, two sons (and a daughter) is awesome. that's why I qualified unmitigated with "pretty much." The boys helped to mitigate the misery because they were cute and fun, and the chatter is always welcome. But, pushing 80 lbs into a headwind, while really hungry just before dinner is not so fun.

VT Runner said...

Gutting it out on those types of runs helps build the reel that you'll pull when you're in the trenches of the marathon. Way to battle through.