Friday, September 21, 2007

Mindless run

I went for a lunchtime trail run with a buddy/colleague yesterday, and it was one of those times when I literally forgot I was running. We planned to talk shop during the run, which usually means blowing off the "important" stuff and talking about family, plans, etc. instead. This time we actually discussed work issues, and the time flew by. We got to the end of our loop and decided to tack on another 15 minutes. Very cool.

In all we ran for 45 minutes. The pace wasn't great, but it was good enough to sweat. I love it when the legs just kick into autopilot... and I hope we get plenty of that tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

Agricola said...

I hope you're not anticipating scintillating conversation . . .

I'm boring and unconversational.

VT Runner said...

I'll take boring and unconversational over dumb and chatty, so you're good...except for the dumb part. Forget it, I'll bring an iPod.

VT Runner said...

Just re-read my comment. Man, am I funny or what?!