Monday, September 17, 2007

A Hard Slog

I got out last night for an hour. It was a beautiful early fall evening, temps in the 70s and the Park was not overly crowded. But it was a hard ride. I had no gas for it. I blame the plain fact that I frittered away the summer, really riding hardly at all, and we were out late Saturday drinking flagons of wine. So I am doing my penance with poor performance and sore muscles.

The days are setting shorter, gents, which means the trainer comes out from under the bed. Look in this space for ruminations on how the mind wanders while stationary.

The numbers:

Time: 1.05.27
Distance: 17.59 miles
Mx Speed: 24.1 mph
Av Speed: 16.1 mph
Mx HR: 171 bpm
Av HR: 146 bpm
Burn: 926 cals

6 comments:

Agricola said...

I say, fight off the stationary trainer as long as you can.

Look at the pending cold weather as a chance to gear up and buy those booties etc. and ride outside as long as possible!

Steve DiMattia said...

Love the gear, fear the dark.

Steve DiMattia said...

As I re-read this post (yes, I am at work...) the mileage makes no sense to me. There's no way I could have traveled 18 miles, unless I blacked out for a whole lap. Curious to get home and look again at my distance computer...

Agricola said...

you were in the zone, on the dopamine high, and it was so effortless you didn't even realize what was happening . . .

Yeah, the dark stinks . . .

Steve DiMattia said...

Checked the distance computer, and it is right. I did black out for that extra lap. I remember now skipping the Great Hill by taking the 102nd Street trancept on my last lap, which is likely why I forgot about it.

Steve DiMattia said...

Checked the distance computer, and it is right. I did black out for that extra lap. I remember now skipping the Great Hill by taking the 102nd Street trancept on my last lap, which is likely why I forgot about it.