Sunday, September 9, 2007

2 runs and a comment about safety

Went for a 30:15 run yesterday and it felt very slow. I am pretty sure I am on a 10 minute pace as I am just getting back into the running and not a very good stride. But I am pretty motivated with the CCM coming up and I have to change my sedentary lifestyle. HR 168

Sunday - Went for a 31:00 minute run this evening, but I did something different today. Went out and turned around after 15:30 and went for a negative split on the return. I did the return in 15:00 minutes and while it is not speedy, it did make me work a little bit harder on the way home. I ran just over 3 miles. I can see myself being much faster once I work out the kinks.

My word on safety. If you do not own a reflective vest or one of those reflective anklets and you run at night or very early in the AM, you must purchase them. Tonight I was running against the flow of traffic and we do not have many street lights so the road is very dark. A car took a right hand turn on to my road and was speeding very quickly and he could have easily hit me if iwas further out on the road. It is great to see cars from behind and in front of me flash their high beams when they are a hundred yards away. Your life is not worth saving a few bucks.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Hey man, thanks for the post and nice job on the out-and-back.

I've been thinking about getting one of those reflective anklet things -- there are some that have a tag for key personal info. Dark running is scary.

Stay safe.