Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Numb Hands

Time: 30.57
Avg HR: 149
Peak HR: 175
Calories: 478
Distance: 3.8
Start Time: 6:49 AM
Training Effect: 3.7
Temp: 40 F
Date: 9/13/07

Today was the coldest morning in a long time -- I put on a long sleeve top and wished I'd had a bit more insulation . . . before I start saying things like "winter's coming . . . blah blah blah . . . " let me just say that it's supposed to warm up again at the end of the week and then get chilly again. My hands were pretty numb today at the end of my trot, and, actually, feeling and normal movement didn't return until after my shower -- my joints were stiff from the cold. I had a little forgetfulness today: I was running along, thinking that I'd do my 4 mile loop but I got the cut-through street wrong (how many times have I run that route?). As I made my turn I was surprised at how quickly I arrived at the street -- that's because it was the wrong street, two blocks short of where I wanted to turn. I guess I wasn't fully awake yet. Another thing about today's run was that pebbles kept getting stuck in my treads, right on the ball of my foot and I had to stop a couple of times to scuff my shoe bottoms on the curbs to free the pebble.

No comments: