Monday, September 10, 2007

Saturday 30

Ran a 30 minute out and back over the weekend. It was my first run in a while, and it took me a full 8 minutes just to warm up. Before hitting the 8 minute mark, every stride was tight and I had to work for every step. At 8 minutes, I took a few deliberate, long strides and things opened up. It actually felt good again for a while. At about 25 minutes, I tightened up again a bit, but finished strong.

I'm coming up on 4 days of off site meetings, so I'm hoping to get some early morning runs in. You'll see it here if I pull it off.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

I thought you've been quiet.

Why aren't you running?

Is it a seasonal thing? Is your body reacting to the light change, the cooling temps? Do you feel sluggish and unmotivated? I do. I'm serious, I think that the seasonal change is really hard to deal with from both a physiological and psychological perspective . . . we are still animals in the world and the changing seasons affect us.