Thursday, September 20, 2007

40 at 4:00

I missed my morning window, but got in another 40 minutes at 4:00 yesterday. It was a beautiful day, perfect for running.

I felt ok, but got passed by a guy like I was standing still about 10 minutes into the run. By looking at him, the guy should not have passed me so easily, so I stuck with him and had no issues with the stepped up pace. It was yet another reminder of the mental aspect of running. I was basically in la-la land, daydreaming away until he passed me. At that point, I simply chose to run faster and focused on my pace. This worked well while he was leading, but my pace dropped off a bit when I was on my own again. The work wasn't necessarily in the running; it was in remembering to run, not coast.

Anyway, I'm glad I got out. Check it off. Later.

No comments: