Friday, June 1, 2007

Back on the Saddle

Gents, I'll make no excuses for my two week disappearance, but pledge to return with regular posts. I haven't been on the bike since the non-Century Ride day, nearly two weeks ago, when I turned two slow laps in Central Park. I am looking for another century to ride this year, but right now am focusing on a 45 mile ride from Lake George to Ticonderoga on Aug 12.

The ride starts in Lake George Village and runs North along the lake on Route 9, over Toungue Mountain, which is 2 miles straight up, then 2 miles straight down. Yikes! The objective is to reach the pier in Ticonderoga by 11:00am, when a ferry with an open bar takes cyclists on a two hour ride back down the lake to your car.

Any of you runners want to haul your bikes over the NY state line, you're welcome to join.

And a quick Amen! for agricola re: the value of yard work. Mrs. FreeArtist and I have been in the yard big on the weekends we've been upstate, since the weather warmed, and it does make one sore.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you haven't bailed. Good luck on that 45 miler, I think I'm not going to partake -- my biking muscles aren't there right now, nor is my bike -- it's a 19 year old red Trek mtn bike with street tires and a blue fork -- the suspension fork was destroyed in our move from Brooklyn.

The thought of hefting myself and 20 pounds of steel over a mtn is not overly appealing to me -- though the ferry bar is! Thanks for the offer though.

It will be a yard work weekend for me again this weekend, woo-hoo, love it.

VT Runner said...

Definitely intriguing to me, but not sure if scheduling will work out. We're looking at possibly being on the Cape that weekend, visiting my old "summer friends."