Monday, June 4, 2007

Good Weekend

Time: 27:07
Avg HR: 150
Peak HR: 170
Distance: 3.3
Start Time: 7:23 AM
Training Effect: 3.7
Temp: high-50s
Date: 6/3/07

I went out easy on Sunday. I was feeling pretty stiff from my labors the previous day -- 5 hours weeding the hill on my property, cutting down what dead wood I could safely reach from the ground, lugging brush and barrels of waste around, mulching beds, mowing the lawn (before Mother Nature told me I was done). I was so stiff that I really felt like Sunday should have been an off-day, but I went anyway. I needed to run off some of the party calories that I consumed over the weekend: cousin's HS graduation party, breakfast with my parents, shrimp boil in our backyardon Sunday.

It was an awesome weekend all around.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Yum, the shrimp looks good. We had a similar weekend at camp doing the lawn, finishing up the screens for the porch, etc. In between the work, we got in some fishing, boating and swimming (oh, and a couple of G&T's), so it really felt like summer had arrived.

I caught about 10 fish off the dock -- a couple sunnies, a couple perch, and a few small bass. The highlight was pulling in a ten inch bass. Still small, but a thrill. A couple of guys in a bass boat caught (and released) a 2.5 pound bass right in front of the house -- that's my target for the summer!

No running this weekend, but not because of a lack of desire. More a lack of time. I have a lunch run planned for tomorrow. I'm itching to get back out there.

Agricola said...

I didn't mention it here, but I also smoked a couple of really good cigars this weekend . . . my first in a decade. I suffered no ill-effects as I avoided inhaling -- nicotine makes me feel pretty woozy.

It was a warm gray morning this morning, but I listened to my body and bailed -- i was tired. I'm going to shoot for tomorrow.