Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Catching The Worm

Time: 35:16
Avg HR: 153
Peak HR: 175
Calories: 546
Distance: TBD
Start Time: 5:47 AM
Training Effect: 4.2
Temp: N/A,but humid
Date: 6/26/07

June 25 was supposed to be my day but I bailed. I snuck in a good one early this AM, and I'll go again tomorrow to get in my reps. Today was the earliest run I've ever taken. I rolled out of bed at 5:30, dug up a pair of shorts, emptied the dehumidifier, moved some laundry . . . you know the quotidian things that you do almost from the moment you wake up.

Anyway, totally different crowd before six AM, and many runners of all stripes. I'd like to see if I can get out that early more often. Last night, on my homeward commute, I was pondering my weekend run because it gave me a lot of joy. I was out with my little guy, goofing around on beautiful day, and enjoying the movement. My running has been kind of grim lately. I feel like I'm finding the joy in it again. Today came nicely to me, it unfolded well over the course of the miles and I just ran. Running is good.

3 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

The biggest little FreeArtist is out of school now, so the quotidian has a whole new routine.....got up at 7:15, (a luxury!) fetched the baby some milk, stepped over an art project in progress, changed the cat litter, etc. I love mornings. Aiming for 24 park miles tonight, and will be online shortly thereafter.

Agricola said...

The quotidian is good. There is beauty in the everyday that we tend to miss/overlook because it's common.

That's why I blog. Trying to pay homage to the everyday (and take some swipes at politicians and bureaucracy, hehe).

How was the Northwoods? Your comment to VTR about back in the land of cell phones etc . . . do you ever wonder why we do what we do? Why we live where we live? Welcome back.

Have fun on your ride tonight.

Steve DiMattia said...

I think of these questions often, but am afraid of thinking too deeply for what the answers may mean.

With the biggest little freeartist out of school I have added breakfast at home to the quotidian, which has become surprisingly enjoyable.