Saturday, June 23, 2007

3-tread

3.2 miles
23:14
Treadmill in DongGuang, China.

Had an afternoon free, so I hit the gym for a quick 5K. I'm hoping that this will give me more energy for dinner and help me sleep the night. Jetlag is definitely more of a killer now than it was about 10 years ago. It's taken me about 6 days to get on track -- just in time to head home. Perfect.

I spent the past couple of days at a hotel that's right next to the US Embassy here in Southern China. The hotel also happens to be adoption central -- I think because it's right next to the embassy. Seeing all the white proud parents with Chinese baby girls was an interesting combination of touching (such proud new parents), sad (high adoption rates are the direct result of the one-child policy here, so it's hard not to think of the birth parent's tough decision), and surreal (strange combination of new parents, foreign business people, Chinese businessmen, punks like me, and the hotel staff all collide in the fancy hotel lobby).

Three more days until I'm back in VT. Can't wait.

Later boys.

No comments: